[GLLUG] Re: bootstrap

tk3000 tk3000 at comcast.net
Tue May 10 21:24:26 EDT 2005

Yeah, that is a good suggestion. They are so small, that having both of them;
or in a more rational way only saving/restoring the bytes that I may need,
backing up the larger chunk, and being in the safe side.

Pedro Wald

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 02:12 pm, Benjamin Minshall wrote:
> I say the more the merrier.  Back up the larger chunk; you can always
> restore fewer bytes than you backed up, but you can never restore more
> bytes than you backed up.  If you (eventually) need to restore, try to
> restore 446, if that doesn't work then restore the 448.
>
> -Ben

Knowledge is the power and currency of the virtual world we inhabit. -Bil Idol
On reiserfs we trust.
K7VTA Pro, Athlon XP 1.7MGhz+, Via Chipset, 256 ram,80 gigs.
Slackware 10 + kernel 2.6.11.8