[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, May 12

Charles Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Wed May 11 17:09:46 EDT 2005

Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at the Gone Wired
cybercafe in Lansing at 6:00PM. Gone Wired is at 2021 E Michigan Ave in
Lansing on the north side of the street between N Clemens and Fairview
avenues. Here is a map with the (approximate) location:

http://tinyurl.com/7mh2w

Agenda: Projects

At last week's meeting, we settled on a number of projects for our group
to work on during the summer. Presentations will be scaled back somewhat
as we roll up our sleeves and get arms-deep in technology instead of
just sitting around and talking about it. The projects we have on the
docket are:

- MythTV Setup
- The Penguicon computer lounge
- Firewall setup and penetration testing
- Serving Dynamic Web Content from a Database
- Network Security via packet sniffing and intrusion detection
- An open source management buy-in Kit

Thursday's meeting will be for discussing the setup and organization of
these various projects. So come on down and help us get these underway!
Maximum participation! Beverages! Pizza!

Please take a moment to RSVP if you plan to attend this meeting so that
we can get a general idea of how many will show up. Just reply to this
message (with the GLLUG list address in the "To:" field) indicating your
desire to attend and/or change the message Subject to "RSVP". Thanks!