[GLLUG] Meeting Minutes, May 19, 2005

Charles Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Fri May 20 13:17:58 EDT 2005

In the interest of brevity, meeting notes are a little short this week.

This week the group worked on getting a MythTV box up and running. Jeff
brought in a box and a tuner card (Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150), and a set
of "classic" rabbit ears. KnoppMyth
(http://www.mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html) looked like the easiest way
to get MythTV on the machine, so we downloaded the ISO and installed it.
We were set back a bit, unfortunately, with one minor detail: we were
unable to pick up any kind of TV signal from within the cafe. The cafe
operators said that they would have cable TV some time in June.

There was General Banter on a variety of topics, of course. A small
group talked about MSU, computer curricula and related topics.

Another small group formed to sniff one another's wireless traffic.

There was pizza.