[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, November 3

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Wed Nov 2 08:37:07 EST 2005

Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at the Gone Wired
cybercafe in Lansing at 6:00PM. Gone Wired is at 2021 E Michigan Ave in
Lansing on the north side of the street between N Clemens and Fairview
avenues. Here is a map with the (approximate) location:

http://tinyurl.com/7mh2w

We typically meet in the back portion of the cafe on the lower level.
Venue website: http://www.gonewiredlansing.com/

Agenda: Bind, DNS, Dynamic DNS

DNS (domain name system) is one of the most cruicial parts that make
today's Internet work. We'll have a brief intro to DNS and discuss how
DNS runs the Internet via lookups, caching, and resolution. We'll also
have a look at installing and configuring BIND, the most popular DNS
server. Finally, we'll also talk about DDNS (dynamic DNS) and how DDNS
providers allow dynamic IP users to have their own hostnames.
Refreshments will be served, fun will be had, and no small animals will
be planned to be tortured.

Please take a moment to RSVP if you plan to attend this meeting so that
we can get a general idea of how many will show up. Just reply to this
message (with the GLLUG list address in the "To:" field) indicating
your desire to attend and/or change the message Subject to "RSVP".
Thanks!

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com