[GLLUG] cheap pc for embedded unix project

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Fri Nov 4 09:53:32 EST 2005

Adam McDougall said:
> I'm looking for cheap new PC's for a embedded unix project.
> Must have usb, somewhere around 800+mhz, HD and CD not necessary,
> (we could supply); integrated nic probably useful but not required.
>
> 128mb ram is perfectly fine.  Secondary characteristics should
> aim for quietness suitable for an office, reasonably small size,
> cheapness.

Check out Soekris, http://www.soekris.com.  Their machines are designed as
network appliances.  Attaching a CD might be a trick though; they're
designed to run from an SD card in most cases.  I haven't used them
myself, although I'd like to get one just because they're cool and start
selling a very cool little OpenBSD network appliance.

Clay Dowling
--
Simple Content Management
http://www.ceamus.com