[GLLUG] Bash by Example -- Presentation for Nov 17, 2005

Frank Dolinar frank.dolinar at comcast.net
Wed Nov 16 19:13:46 EST 2005

Hi, everyone,
    I've completed the presentation notes for each of the three parts of
Dan Robbins' "Bash by Example" tutorials.
    I'll be sending the slide sets to Jeff this evening in hopes that he
can get them on the website before the meeting.
    If you have not yet looked at the tutorials and the additional
download that accompanies the third tutorial, the files can be retrieved
from the following locations:

    Read "Bash by example: Part 1" on developerWorks.
          http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-bash.html
    Read "Bash by example: Part 2" on developerWorks.
          http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-bash2.html
    Read "Bash by example: Part 3" on developerWorks.
          http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-bash3.html
    Download the source tarball (sed-3.02.tar.gz) from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/sed

    However, I also suggest that everyone who's planning on attending
the meeting and bringing a computer to use for this presentation make
sure you have bash running on your system so you can work along with the
tutorials and make all those wonderful "dyslexic finger" mistakes on
your own.

    Looking forward to tomorrow evening.

    -- Frank