[GLLUG] Job Posting - Off topic

Phil Darling phil at liquidweb.com
Wed Oct 5 13:51:29 EDT 2005

Hello,

Forgive the off topic post, I thought it related enough to warrant
posting to the list.

I am Manager of Support at Liquid Web Inc ( http://www.liquidweb.com )
and we have written a couple of times seeking employees from the Lansing
area with Linux experience. Nearly our entire operation is Linux based,
from workstation to servers.

We have recently made major expansions into the managed dedicated server
market and in attempting to keep up with the recent influx in business
we are interested in making some additional hirings immediately.

Our facility is located in Lansing.  If you want some basic details on
the datacenter itself you can find information on:

http://www.liquidweb.com/about/datacenter.htm

I encourage anyone who has interest including those who have applied in
the past to contact me at "phil at liquidweb.com" or fax resumes to
517-322-0493 at your earliest possible convenience.  A basic job
description follows:

Liquid Web Inc. Job Posting for Systems / Technical Support

Liquid Web is a rapidly expanding webhosting company in the Lansing area. We
currently operate a datacenter in the Lansing area.

We are looking for Technical Support Technicians to provide support to
customers regarding system configuration issues, abuse, service outages,
billing questions, and network issues.

This position is responsible for working with a team of professionals
providing all levels of network and server support for
Redhat/Fedora/CentOS Linux, LAN, and WAN. This includes monitoring,
installing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and
providing necessary corrective action.

Requirements:

Good working knowledge of Fedora Linux & CentOS 3x/4x

Basic Network Troubleshooting Skills

Customer service and good communication skills

Ability to work in a close group environment

Ability to perform with little or no direct supervision

Benefits:

No travel

Fun, Friendly, Relaxed working environment

Medical coverage after 60 days

Exposure to state-of-the-art technology

1 year experience desirable

Enthusiastic, team-oriented individuals who enjoy a fast-paced environment
and have the above qualifications are invited to submit their resumes.

--
Liquid Web Inc
Phillip Darling
support at liquidweb.com