[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, October 20

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Tue Oct 18 17:44:37 EDT 2005

Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at the Gone Wired
cybercafe in Lansing at 6:00PM. Gone Wired is at 2021 E Michigan Ave in
Lansing on the north side of the street between N Clemens and Fairview
avenues. Here is a map with the (approximate) location:

http://tinyurl.com/7mh2w

We typically meet in the back portion of the cafe on the lower level.
Venue website: http://www.gonewiredlansing.com/

Agenda: Open Source: An Introduction
by Brian Gasperosky and Jeff Lawton

The open source movement is growing by leaps and bounds every year.
High-profile software projects like Apache, Linux, and OpenOffice have
gained the attention of the I.T. industry. Despite this momentum, there
are still many who wish to know more about the basics of open source
software. This presentation serves as a gentle introduction to open
source development, philosophies, and benefits. It will include case
studies, cost advantages, and some reasons why open source software is
excellent for personal, business, government, non-profit, and
educational use.

Please take a moment to RSVP if you plan to attend this meeting so that
we can get a general idea of how many will show up. Just reply to this
message (with the GLLUG list address in the "To:" field) indicating
your desire to attend and/or change the message Subject to "RSVP".
Thanks!
--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com