[GLLUG] Mailman archives link broken for linux-user group

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Tue Oct 25 11:10:06 EDT 2005

It should be fixed now.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 09:53:09AM -0400, Charles Ulrich wrote:

  It looks like the list archives now require subscriber authentication.
  Judging the from the other lists on the server, it appears that this
  may have been a global configuration change. Adam, is there any way of
  changing it back so that the archives are open to all (i.e. indexed by
  Google)?

  Charles

  On Saturday 22 October 2005 08:20, Adam McDougall wrote:
  > I'll work on fixing the archive link.
  >
  > On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 09:47:49PM -0400, Erik Gillespie wrote:
  >
  >   Howdie all,
  >
  >   I just subscribed to the list and was going to poke through the
  >   archives and noticed the link to the archives is broken for the
  >   linux-user mailing list.  On the list info page
  >   (http://mailman.egr.msu.edu/mailman/listinfo/linux-user) the
  > following link is bad and I've included what I think should be the
  > correct link.
  >
  >   Bad link: http://mailman.egr.msu.edu/mailman-archives/linux-user/
  >   Good link: http://mailman.egr.msu.edu/mailman/private/linux-user/
  >
  >   If you still meet at the Gone Wire Cafe I look forward to meeting
  > you all some night.  It's pretty close to my house so it should be
  > easy for me to make it out there.
  >
  >   Erik

  Charles Ulrich
  Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com