[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, September 29 - RSVP

Kim Sanders KSANDERS at courts.mi.gov
Thu Sep 29 11:08:07 EDT 2005

>>> Andy Lee 9/26/2005 9:56 AM >>>
The first of the Linux Professional Institute training sessions will be this Thursday night at 6:00PM. This is a free series of one evening per month sessions that will prepare you to take and pass the LPI certification tests. I will be there, and everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend. Details are below.

>>> Charles Ulrich <dincht at securenym.net> 9/25/2005 9:02 PM >>>
Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at the Gone Wired
cybercafe in Lansing at 6:00PM. Gone Wired is at 2021 E Michigan Ave in
Lansing on the north side of the street between N Clemens and Fairview
avenues. Here is a map with the (approximate) location:

http://tinyurl.com/7mh2w

We typically meet in the back portion of the cafe on the lower level.
Venue website: http://www.gonewiredlansing.com/

Agenda:  LPI 101 Intro to Bash

This is the first class in a series of many to help prepare you to ace
the Linux Professional 101 & 102 Certification Test. These free
informal classes are also an excellent tool to help you round out your
Linux knowledge. If you have a portable or laptop computer, please
bring it. It is not necessary to have Linux installed on the machine,
as long as it's not too ancient and has a CD-ROM drive that it can boot
from.

LPI 101 part 1a
    * About Linux, the Tutorial, and the classes
    * Introduction to bash
    * Using Linux Commands
    * Creating Links and removing files
    * Introduction To wildcards
    * Backing Up your Linux Machine (simplified)

LPI 101 Part 1b
    * Bash by example part 1: Fundamental programing in bash
    * Bash by example part 2: More bash programing fundamentals
    * Bash by example part 3: Exploring the ebuild system
    * VI intro - the cheat sheet method tutorial
    * Technical FAQ for Linux Users

Please take a moment to RSVP if you plan to attend this meeting so that
we can get a general idea of how many will show up. Just reply to this
message (with the GLLUG list address in the "To:" field) indicating
your desire to attend and/or change the message Subject to "RSVP".
Thanks!
--
http://bityard.net