[GLLUG] Penguicon NOW!

Dan DeSloover zifferent at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 23:26:05 EDT 2006

This is a reminder that Penguicon is less than two weeks away (April 21,22,23), and if you haven't
booked your room yet, or you attempted by making a phone call and were turned away (more on that
later) NOW is the time to book your room.

If you tried to book one and they told you the hotel was full (they were wrong), try the web
interface here:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/dttln -using the Penguicon group booking code- APE

If Penguicon books up the hotel we "own" the atrium at the Holidome for the weekend. What does
that mean? It means that we will have 24 hour access to the pool and hot tub (3am pool party
anyone?). It also means that we can build the Chaos Toy up to 3 stories (or more) tall upon the
putting green if we want to, we can use the entire atrium as extended funtion space (anyone into
gaming?), more space for the mayhem track (sword-fighting demos), and finally on a practical note
it also means that the con gets the other fuction space for free.

Here are some pictures of the atrium:

http://phototour.ichotelsgroup.com/hotelimages/DTTLN/FEATR_POOL_01_D.jpg
http://phototour.ichotelsgroup.com/hotelimages/DTTLN/FEATR_POOL_10_D.jpg
http://phototour.ichotelsgroup.com/hotelimages/DTTLN/FEATR_RECR_04_D.jpg
http://phototour.ichotelsgroup.com/hotelimages/DTTLN/FEATR_RECR_03_D.jpg
http://phototour.ichotelsgroup.com/hotelimages/DTTLN/FEATR_POOL_10_D.jpg

Ya that outdoor looking-indoor area in the pictures (it's even cooler in person), surounded by
rooms (perfect for room-parties!). Yah, that will be ours to do with what we want.

Thinking of just commuting to the convention?  Between the facility and our programming schedule,
I can confidently state you'll probably want to be there into the wee small hours of the night
(there will be caffeine in abundance!). Please, book a room.

On that note here is a copy of the programming schedule:

http://peanut.mtu.net/penguicon/day.php?day=21&month=04&year=2006&area=2

Rooms are $85, which can be even less if you share. I highly recommend that anyone that plans on
drinking or staying up very late get a room. $85 isn't much for your piece of mind (and it's
better than a night in the slammer) and for safer roads.

Other usefull information:

The Penguicon website is here:

http://www.penguicon.org/

and here's some more Penguicon specific information regarding the hotel:

http://penguicon.org/hotel

If you can think of any questions, or if need any help please contact me at: zifferent at yahoo.com
or lug-wrangler at penguicon.org (slower)

Thanks,
Dan DeSloover
Penguicon 4.0 LUG-Wrangler(and MonroeLUG co-conspirator)
http://www.penguicon.org/