[GLLUG] Penguicon meeting tomorrow?

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Tue Apr 18 12:00:16 EDT 2006

Caleb Cushing wrote:
> I think we should find a way to limits peoples time on the computers
> make them sign up for time slots so everyone gets fair share. Kind of
> like the dewitt public library does.

(Replying to this a week late as my inbox is getting quite out of
control...)

This is reasonable idea, but there's no way to know beforehand if demand
is going to outstrip supply. If it doesn't, then it would be a bad move
to set some arbitrary time limit. If one guy wants to hog a terminal for
5 hours straight when there's 8 left unoccupied, he should be free to do
so. If there is an extraordinarily high demand, *and* a bunch of people
are hoarding terminals, (either of which are unlikely, even moreso in
combination) then we can look into a solution for it at the con.

Potential scenarios such as these are the reason we'll have tech
volunteers on call during the day. Remember also that this is GLLUG's
first time running a computer lounge at a con and it will definitely be
a learning experience.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com