[GLLUG] Meeting Schedule and stuff

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Tue Aug 1 00:12:56 EDT 2006

R Neely wrote:
> I could take a stab at the OpenOffice topic, if y'all
> are willing to look at it as "open source" rather than
> "open source running on Linux"  <big grin as she
> dodges behind her WinXP laptop>.

That's fine, the presentation is about OpenOffice, not your laptop. :)

> Writer and Calc are the only components I have much
> experience with; Base would be a hairy topic all by
> itself, and I've not looked at Math, Draw or Impress
> (I've never done PowerPoint either, so no knowledge to
> transfer there). If someone wants to team with me to
> provide a broader presentation, that would be much
> appreciated.

If you can cover Writer and Calc, that's really all we need. Base is too
unstable (and many argue poorly designed) to be of general use. Draw is
pretty straightforward. Math is one of those components that most people
can get by without knowing. And Impress is basically the same as Writer,
but with slides instead of pages.

I'll pencil you and Caleb in for this presentation if that's agreeable.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com