[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, August 3

Thomas Hruska thruska at cubiclesoft.com
Thu Aug 3 15:16:14 EDT 2006

Charles Ulrich wrote:
> Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at the Gone Wired
> cybercafe in Lansing at 6:00PM. Gone Wired is at 2021 E Michigan Ave
> in Lansing on the north side of the street between N Clemens and
> Fairview avenues. Here is a map with the (approximate) location:
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2021+E+Michigan+Ave,+Lansing,+MI
>
> We typically meet in the back portion of the cafe on the lower level.
> Venue website: http://www.gonewiredlansing.com/
>
> Agenda: Topic-Free Night
>
> Originally, we had planned to cover backup solutions and stategies this week,
> but unfortunately I was unable to secure a presenter for this topic.
> Nevertheless, feel free to come on down and hang out with us and discuss
> whatever comes to mind.
>
> Please take a moment to RSVP if you plan to attend this meeting so
> that we can get a general idea of how many will show up. Just reply to
> this message (with the GLLUG list address in the "To:" field)
> indicating your desire to attend and/or change the message Subject to
> "RSVP". Thanks!

Well, the topic may be in dispute (lack of communication?  Jeff seems to
think we're still having backup night) but I'll show up anyway.  If we
have a topic night, great.  If we don't, that's fine too.

Side note:  My "mobile Subversion working copy" thing (a.k.a. "mobile
WCs on a stick") is pretty nifty.  That is, I've got it working now and
it seems to work pretty well (been using it for less than a week, but
I'm getting comfortable with having my WCs on my USB thumbdrive).  I'll
demo it tonight for a couple minutes for interested people.  A couple
people were hanging out around my laptop last week either because they
thought the project was "cool" or they think that I'm cool (or both).

Oh, and Jim, you're most definitely welcome to come to the meeting - the
RSVP is just a formality to see how much pizza Jeff or whoever brings it
needs to bring and how many tables to reserve at the Cafe.  I run
Windows (for the most part) but I like to see what's happening in the
Linux realm as well as dabble with application portability,
cross-platform environments, and enjoy uber-geeky things that make life
easier (I'm a C++ software developer).  The group is great - lots of
variety.

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

Safe C++ Design Principles (First Edition)
Learn how to write memory leak-free, secure,
portable, and user-friendly software.

Learn more and view a sample chapter:
http://www.CubicleSoft.com/SafeCPPDesign/