[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, August 10

Thomas Hruska thruska at cubiclesoft.com
Wed Aug 9 04:10:37 EDT 2006

Charles Ulrich wrote:
> Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at the Gone Wired
> cybercafe in Lansing at 6:00PM. Gone Wired is at 2021 E Michigan Ave
> in Lansing on the north side of the street between N Clemens and
> Fairview avenues. Here is a map with the (approximate) location:
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2021+E+Michigan+Ave,+Lansing,+MI
>
> We typically meet in the back portion of the cafe on the lower level.
> Venue website: http://www.gonewiredlansing.com/
>
> Agenda: Disaster Recovery
>
> Every IT shop faces the possibility that their entire operation could
> cease to exist for some sudden, unpredictible reason. This week, we'll
> take a brief look at how a good disaster recovery plan is put together
> and we'll then spend some time discussing strategies for making sure an
> entire IT infrastructure can get back up and running in the shortest
> amount of time possible.
>
> Please take a moment to RSVP if you plan to attend this meeting so
> that we can get a general idea of how many will show up. Just reply to
> this message (with the GLLUG list address in the "To:" field)
> indicating your desire to attend and/or change the message Subject to
> "RSVP". Thanks!

Ooh!  A topic I'm interested in.  My car is fixed (turned out to be the
brake line was busted coming out of the ABS unit to the right-front
brake - set me back about $200 but Okemos Auto Center does good work).
However, I may not be able to make it but I'd hate to miss such a nifty
topic so I'll try to get there.

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

Safe C++ Design Principles (First Edition)
Learn how to write memory leak-free, secure,
portable, and user-friendly software.

Learn more and view a sample chapter:
http://www.CubicleSoft.com/SafeCPPDesign/