[GLLUG] putty titlebar

Thomas Hruska thruska at cubiclesoft.com
Tue Aug 22 15:41:49 EDT 2006

Caleb Cushing wrote:
> very strange.... it seems to have gone away... but I don't like it. it
> appears that it might be my windows box that's been compromised (the one
> i'm
> running putty on)... to soon to tell I think when I get home I need to
> review some logs. I've already changed my password for my login from a
> different terminal.

Remote shutdown the box until you can get physical access to it.  Remote
shutdown everything else too - from least secure systems to the most
secure to minimize packet sniffing.  The first thing your modern
"hacker" will do to a Windows box is install a rootkit and then install
a sophisticated backdoor application into the rootkit protected
directory.  At that point, your entire internal network is their playground.

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

Safe C++ Design Principles (First Edition)
Learn how to write memory leak-free, secure,
portable, and user-friendly software.

Learn more and view a sample chapter:
http://www.CubicleSoft.com/SafeCPPDesign/