[GLLUG] string.h strings.h

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Sat Dec 30 14:57:51 EST 2006

Sean O'Malley wrote:
> Can anyone think of a modern OS that does NOT include string.h?
>
> I was thinking some weird bsd version didn't have a string.h header file,
> but that might be from a long while ago. I am just trying to clean up some
> code that has to cross-compile.

Anyone using the GNU toolchain has string.h, and I can't think of a
platform that I've used in years that doesn't have the GNU toolchain
available.  Both Borland and Microsoft's compilers also have the file.
Since the header is also part of the standard library since at least the
1989 C standard, you'd be looking at a very old compiler that didn't
have the file.

Clay
--
CeaMuS