[GLLUG] string.h strings.h

Sean O'Malley picasso at madflower.com
Sun Dec 31 10:19:20 EST 2006

> That's university code, either Carnegie Mellon or UofM.  Both are
> terrifying to read.  I avoided OpenAFS, but I got the full treatment
> with radius and the netatalk service (don't remember the name, but it
> provided Apple machines with network service).  Radius is the only
> program I've seen where the config file has a config file.

It went from Carnie Mellon -> Transarc -> IBM. IBM released it under their
opensource license. It has licenses from CMU, UM, Stanford, MIT, IBM, Sun,
and a few other mixed in it, if you look at the headers..

We still use your radius module at the uni. I did fold it into a
PAM module to get rid of the radius service, but no one has tried to use
it yet though.

I actually don't mind the software, it has some nice features. It works
with krb5 now and there are also native Windows and MacOS clients
available.  It isn't nearly as ugly to deal with as it used to be.

However some of the code just needs to be updated. *shrugs*