[GLLUG] Database Documenter

Eric Miller eric.john.miller at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 15:46:46 EST 2006

Sounds like you are looking for something to reverse engineer a database
schema into an entity relationship diagram. There is/was a PostgreSQL to
Dia tool at one time. The link appears to be dead
http://www.zort.ca/postgresql/

If you find something let me know. I could use one myself :-)

Eric

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 14:51 -0500, Basher584 wrote:
> I'm not sure what the MS Access relationships chart looks like, but it sounds like the SQL::Translator modules seems like they would fit the bill.  (I've never used them though).
>
> http://sqlfairy.sourceforge.net/
>
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/SQL-Translator/bin/sqlt-diagram
>
> -Ben
>

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 02:26:59PM -0500, Mark Szidik/mlc wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know of a tool that will examine the schema of a database
> > (PostgreSQL in my case) and produce some sort of documentation?
> >
> > What I would really like is a relationships chart like the one in MS
> > Access, but other documentation would work.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > ---
> > Mark Szidik, CIO
> > Michigan Library Consortium
> > 1407 Rensen Street, Suite 1,  Lansing, MI 48910-3657
> > Ph:800.530.9019 x117   Fax:517.492.3881
> > Ph:517.492.3817
> > MLC - Partnerships. Solutions. Excellence.

Incident Response: Doing something silly right now is better than having
done something sensible last year.