[GLLUG] Linux+ presentation's (and LPI)

Szymon Machajewski SMachaje at grcc.edu
Fri Jan 27 22:26:08 EST 2006

I would suggest a study of hardware for the Linux+ test.  Especially
SCSI termination and other details.

Sincerely,

Szymon Machajewski

Solutions Engineer / DBA
Grand Rapids Community College
http://www.grcc.edu/smachaje

"If we are to survive, we must have ideas, vision and courage.
 These things are rarely produced by committees.
 Everything that matters in our intellectual and moral life
 begins with an individual confronting his own mind and conscience
 in a room by himself."

     -- Arthur Schlesinger, Jr.

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 21:46, Caleb Cushing wrote:
> Installation of linux, Specifically Red Hat (this is supposed to be
vendor
> independant test) is on the Test. Is anyone in the group interested
in a
> presentation on this part of the test? or did jeff pretty much get
this
> with the kubuntu installation  two weeks ago?

IIRC, the Red Hat install is fairly straight-forward. (Not sure why
they would
test on it, really...) Do they mention a specific version of Red Hat?
Their
free OS offerings became Fedora, which has changed substantially from
the Red
Hat of old. Kubuntu is really nothing like Red Hat at all in terms of
the
installation procedure and package management.

If you want to bring a RH or Fedora CD to a meeting, one of us
(including
myself) would be happy to walk you through the installation providing
you
have a copy of VMWare or a spare machine.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com