[GLLUG] Upcoming Meetings

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Mon Jul 17 13:12:13 EDT 2006

Greetings all,

Awhile back, I posted a list of upcoming meetings for the majority of
the upcoming year. Since then, I've gotten some positive feedback from
GLLUG members stating that planning meetings this far in the future is a
good thing for them.

However, I probably should have made it clearer that practically none of
these meetings have presenters yet. El Presidente Jeff Lawton has been
gracious enough to do the last couple on short notice, but I don't think
he's interested in doing each and every topic from now until next April.

PLEASE if you attend our meetings and feel like you get something out of
them, consider giving back by presenting a topic on the schedule below.
We're one of the few Linux user groups in the state that charge no dues
and ask nothing of our members except their participation. Nearly all of
the topics listed below are things that you probably already know or
could come to speed with in a relatively short amount of time. If any of
these topics sound like something you'd be interested in presenting,
please let me know. We particularly could use someone to present OpenPGP
this week.

Also, suggestions/comments/additions are also most welcome.

July - Paranoia Month
06: Firewalls
13: OpenSSH
20: OpenGPG
27: Secure Portable Desktop (TOR, Firefox, and Thunderbird on USB key)

August - Sysadmin Month
03: Backups
10: Disaster Recovery [Charles]
17: File systems
24: Optimization, System Tuning
31: ???

September - Beginners' Month
07: Installfest
14: Linux Help Workshop [Caleb]
21: KDE/GNOME [Charles]
28: Basic CLI [Caleb]

October - Productivity Month
05: Web/Email/IM
12: OpenOffice (w/ KOffice appendix)
19: GIMP and other graphics apps
26: Using Peripherals (CD burning, scanners, printers, cameras, etc)

November - Text Processing Month
02: vi
09: Regular Expressions
16: Sed/Awk/Grep
23: (No meeting, holiday)
30: Perl

December - Holiday Month
07: ???
14: GLLUG Xmas Party
22: (No meeting, holiday)
29: (No meeting, holiday)

January - Programming Month
04: Python I [Charles]
11: Python II
18: Object Oriented Concepts
25: Frameworks

February - Web Developer Month
01: Installing Apache [Charles]
08: HTML/CSS
15: CGI/PHP
22: ???

March - Network Admin Month
01: Mail
08: Routing and Firewalls
15: Wifi Card Configuration
22: ???
29: ???

Finally, I personally may not be able to make many meetings this month
or next as I'm going to out of town for large chunks of the week in the
near future.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com