[GLLUG] GLLUG: Collaboration

Jason Folkens jason at acd.net
Tue Jul 25 22:16:40 EDT 2006

projects?

u mean like setting up a community asterisk server where all the linux user
group members get an extension and it forwards to our respective cell phones
/ home phones / voice mail?   I might be able to pull some strings that get
us some voip lines....

that is one idea......  but perhaps you were thinking something bigger.....

the problem with user groups like this is that there are extremely highly
talented type A personalities who read this correspondance, and being driven
to achieve, (they/we/I) want to be involved on everything...

However, activity for the sake of being active is pointless...   so maybe it
would be in our best interests to get involved with the volunteer community
in regards to deploying linux solutions for non-profit orginizations...
that way it isn't a total waste of time, and furthermore isn't making
corporate schmucks money for our labors....

Who wants to compile a list of non-profits that need linux help?  I'd be
willing to cold-call some of them if anyone has a list.

...  or am I completely off target with this response? ...