[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, July 27

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Wed Jul 26 23:14:21 EDT 2006

Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at the Gone Wired
cybercafe in Lansing at 6:00PM. Gone Wired is at 2021 E Michigan Ave
in Lansing on the north side of the street between N Clemens and
Fairview avenues. Here is a map with the (approximate) location:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2021+E+Michigan+Ave,+Lansing,+MI

We typically meet in the back portion of the cafe on the lower level.
Venue website: http://www.gonewiredlansing.com/

Agenda: Portable Linux and OSS

Sometimes it isn't possible or practical to always lug a laptop around
everywhere you go just to have your favorite open source software close at
hand. Carrying around a live distribution CD or USB flash drive, however,
usually is. This week, we'll cover a few different ways to run your favorite
open source operating system and software on portable media for execution on
any available PC. (Without reformatting its disk.)

Also, after the presentation, we're going to have a Penguicon computer lounge
meeting to discuss what's on the table for next year and see if we can come up
with some kind of roadmap for implementation.

Because I'm arriving from out of town, I may be running a little late to the
meeting, but I'll be there.

Please take a moment to RSVP if you plan to attend this meeting so
that we can get a general idea of how many will show up. Just reply to
this message (with the GLLUG list address in the "To:" field)
indicating your desire to attend and/or change the message Subject to
"RSVP". Thanks!

P.S. Could one of Jeff, Marshal, Karl, or anyone else with an editor account
on gllug.org please post this announcement to the website? I'm currently on
wifi only and SSL on the site does not seem to be supported anymore.
--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com