[GLLUG] Re: Collaboration

Charles Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 16:15:58 EDT 2006

Well, it doesn't have the Ubuntu/Gnome GUI, but I believe there's a
lightweight version of Morphix that might suit you, Thomas.  It's based
upon Debian, and maybe uses IceWM.  You should be able to find out more
at Distrowatch.

                                Chick

Thomas Hruska wrote:
So, if there were a distro. with the boot performance of DSL, Ubuntu's
ease-of-use, update management system, and hardware recognition for the
kitchen sink, and a window manager with a look-and-feel of Ubuntu's
modified GNOME with the performance of XFCE and a few tweaks so I could
have my taskbar be on the left-hand side of the screen and have it act
(more or less) like the Windows taskbar, that would be the perfect base.
   You'd be surprised where some people want their taskbar.  And how they
want it to act.