[GLLUG] Streaming Music

Mike Simons simonsm2 at msu.edu
Mon Jun 12 14:58:04 EDT 2006

I actually had been looking for the same kind of application for a
while.  A co-worker recommended a Lansing-based project called Mp3act
(http://www.mp3act.net/) to me and it has been one of the best web apps
I have ever used on my server.  It is a pretty full featured music
streaming web-app.  There are two modes, streaming and jukebox, allowing
you to either stream the music over the net, or control what the server
itself is playing (though the jukebox feature is VERY buggy).  If you
have any questions about setting it up, feel free to contact me.

Mp3act's homepage:
http://www.mp3act.net/

-Mike Simons