[GLLUG] Setting up a dual-boot system

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Fri Jun 23 19:09:59 EDT 2006

frank.dolinar at comcast.net wrote:

> On the other hand, if I thought I had an alternative, I wouldn't be
> going this route.

I strongly recommend Kaspersky anti-virus.  Although it doesn't claim to
be an anti-spyware package, it has in fact proved invaluable in
destroying such processes.  A client is in the unfortunate position of
being required by his employer to run his PC using Internet Explorer
with all security restrictions off (this was not pin-headed management
either; a core application essential to doing his job required it).  As
you can imagine the machine was overrun with all manner of nastiness.
There were better than 100 pieces of malware, with a massive number
running as active processes.

Kaspersky, in a couple of scan and kill cycles, managed to kill all of
them, and kept his computer safe after that.  I haven't found Norton or
any of the other products at the big-box stores capable of protecting
systems so well.

Clay
--
CeaMuS