[GLLUG] Meeting Schedule

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Wed Jun 28 00:32:09 EDT 2006

Greetings all,

As promised, here is the tentative schedule for the upcoming months. We
thought we'd try something new and assign each month a particular theme.
Many of you are interested in certain technologies presented at our
meetings and want more a more in-depth treatment than one or two
evenings can possible explore, so this may be a solution to that. So for
example, we'll have a Beginner's Month, a Productivity Month (office
software and other desktop essentials), a Sysadmin Month, and so on.

Suggestions and offers for other presentations are still welcomed and we
will try our best to fit them in. Most importantly, we need YOUR help to
both flesh out the schedule AND make it happen. In short, you're invited
to take a look at the schedule and offer ideas, suggestions and
critiques. Volunteers are also desperately needed for this to work as
Jeff and myself cannot possibly do the presentations every single week.
:P Those who have already volunteered for particular nights appear in
square brackets. Here's what we have so far:

July - Paranoia Month
06: Firewalls
13: OpenSSH
20: OpenGPG
27: Secure Portable Desktop (TOR, Firefox, and Thunderbird on USB key)

August - Sysadmin Month
03: Backups
10: Disaster Recovery [Charles]
17: File systems
24: Optimization, System Tuning
31: ???

September - Beginners' Month
07: Installfest
14: Linux Help Workshop [Caleb]
21: KDE/GNOME [Charles]
28: Basic CLI [Caleb]

October - Productivity Month
05: Web/Email/IM
12: OpenOffice (w/ KOffice appendix)
19: GIMP and other graphics apps
26: Using Peripherals (CD burning, scanners, printers, cameras, etc)

November - Text Processing Month
02: vi
09: Regular Expressions
16: Sed/Awk/Grep