[GLLUG] Free Virtual machine

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Wed Mar 8 19:53:37 EST 2006

Caleb Cushing wrote:
> I want to do a quick linux demo for my class in school. we have to do a
> presentation of some kind based on our reports, mine was on desktop
> linux. However I think I'll have to run it off there computer the easy
> way to do this would be from a virtual machine, I don't want to buy one
> anyone have any ideas? or maybe another way of doing my demo?

Ubuntu Live would be favorite.  It's ready out of the box as a desktop
system.  The only thing is to check that it will run on that particular
computer.  I couldn't get any Ubuntu CDs to boot on my wife's laptop,
and the SATA controller on the family computer caused trouble with Hoary
Hedgehog (10 minute boot times aren't cool in a demo).

Clay
--
CeaMuS
http://www.ceamus.com