[GLLUG] Free Virtual machine

Eric Miller eric.john.miller at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 20:58:43 EST 2006

You don't need to purchase anything to run one of the Community-built
virtual appliances with vmplayer.

Download vmware player from http://www.vmware.com/download/player/ along
with an appliance from
http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/community.html

There are several Linux based appliances available; Damn Small Linux,
Debian, Fedora Core, FreeBSD, Kanotix...

You could also try using a Live CD if the demo computer can boot from
the CD-ROM drive.