[GLLUG] elilo and my shiny new MacBook Pro

Dan DeSloover zifferent at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 12 11:26:05 EST 2006

Yes, you are going about this all wrong.

Last time I did Linux on a Mac, Linux didn't do HFS very well, and frankly it wasn't very good
with Apples's UFS either. You're best bet is to use ext3.

To make an initrd you need the modules for the kernel, and then run:
mkinitrd [name of the initrd to make] [version of the kernel/modules]

If you can get the Dapper Drake live CD to run, why can't you use the Dapper Drake install CD?
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/dapper/flight-5/