[GLLUG] OpenOffice.org 2.02

Charles Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 01:43:24 EST 2006

I have spent a couple of hours trying to find someplace on-line to order
  a CD-ROM with the latest Linux version of OpenOffice.org on it, so I
can install it on my PCs.  I don't have access to a broadband
connection.  I don't have a laptop I can take to Gone Wired to download
stuff there.  I have checked out dozens of U.S. sites listed in the
GetOpenOffice.org list of vendors, and I have found one place that wants
seven dollars for it, postpaid.  All the others I checked, if they
weren't dead links or places that no longer sell the CD or places that
look as though they never sold the CD, had older versions of the
software available.  Sometimes all they listed was version 1.1.  Even
all the web sites I have bookmarked for buying software on CD, places
that are up-to-date for distros, have only older versions of the CD
available, or so their web pages say.

The purpose of this rant isn't to get help from some kind soul who would
download it for me and burn it to CD.  I have access to an older version
via Ubuntu that suits my needs, and my need isn't critical.  I just
don't care to buy any but the latest version.  I simply suggest that one
of the images we put on the burning station for Penguicon is the latest
OpenOffice.org suite, since it seems to be difficult to find on CD.
Thank you.

                                Chick