[GLLUG] List problems...

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Thu May 18 14:28:59 EDT 2006

Caleb Cushing wrote:
> who serves our mailing list? because I don't think we all get all the
> list mail... I'm not sure where the problem is though. I was looking at
> julie's email. and she has at leas one or more emails in her mailbox
> that I didn't get that was sent to the list. I did check my spam folder
> nothing...

If you still have some recent GLLUG messages in your mail client, check
them against the list archives at:

http://mailman.egr.msu.edu/mailman/public/linux-user/

I just did and I seem to be getting all the messages. Occasionally
people (either deliberately or accidentally) reply to a GLLUG mailing
list message without CC'ing the list. If you can, check to see if that's
what happened with the message that Julie got. The default is to reply
to the person who sent the message rather than to the list. To reply to
both, the replier needs to click "Reply to All" in their email client.

It's also possible that GMail is marking some GLLUG messages as spam,
but that seems unlikely.
--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com