[GLLUG] remix?

Bruce Smith blubdog at gmail.com
Wed May 24 11:52:12 EDT 2006

> Does anyone know of a command line util to remix mp3s?  Basically we have many gigs of mp3s we want to use for hold music and I need to mix them down to be mono and I guess 128 (although I have heard that 16 would be fine for phones.)

Be careful going down to 16.  I've reduced audio-books down to 32 and
anything lower than that is really bad.  (and that's spoken word, not
music)  It's best to test a couple to see how low quality  you can
tolerate, before you spend the time doing them all.

> I know how to go file by file with lame take the -m m -b 128 options but that would take a while.

Anything is going to take awhile.  Just put lame in a script to do
them all at once, and let it run.

 - BS