[GLLUG] Is there a Windows equivalent to /etc/fstab?

Andy Lee ALEE at courts.mi.gov
Thu Oct 12 12:18:02 EDT 2006

I need to create some persistent connections to network shares from
Windows servers, and haven't been able to figure out how to do it, so
I'm hoping someone here might have done something similar. The problem
is that Windows shares are tied to a log in, and the server generally
isn't logged in. I want to somehow store the credentials so that a
network share can be mounted and available to all user accounts on this
machine. On Linux I would just add an entry to /etc/fstab (with the
credentials in a different chmod 600 file ), but I can't find a Windows
equivalent.

Anyone know?