[GLLUG] Fwd: No Ma Bell without Net Neutrality

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 15:52:30 EDT 2006

  Interesting reply I received...

 Thank you . . .

 . . . for contacting me regarding the Internet and the issue of
network neutrality. I understand your concerns.

 I share your views that the Internet has been a catalyst for free
expression, innovation and economic opportunity that has benefited
countless Americans. I understand your strong concern that, without
network neutrality, Internet service providers could act as
gatekeepers and provide access only to web content of their choosing.

 As you know, various bills have been introduced on this issue.
Earlier this year, an amendment that would have made network
neutrality part of the Senate Telecommunications bill failed to pass
the Senate Commerce Committee, of which I am not a member. Should
legislation on this important issue come before me in the Senate for a
vote, I will keep your views in mind.

 Thank you again for contacting me. Please feel free to do so again if
I can ever be of assistance to you and your family.

 Sincerely,

 Debbie Stabenow

 United States Senator

 DS:dhl