[GLLUG] Installfest followup

Thomas Hruska thruska at cubiclesoft.com
Tue Sep 12 10:46:02 EDT 2006

Mark Szidik/mlc wrote:

> I missed the install party last week, how did it go?
>

> Thanks,
> ---
> Mark Szidik, CIO
> Michigan Library Consortium
> 1407 Rensen Street, Suite 1,  Lansing, MI 48910-3657
> Ph:800.530.9019 x117   Fax:517.492.3881
> Ph:517.492.3817
> MLC - Partnerships. Solutions. Excellence.

Well, one person showed up.  And he already had Linux on the box but we
did a big 300MB update because he hadn't been able to get his wireless
card working under Kubuntu (it was a PCI -> PCMCIA -> PCMCIA wireless
card combo.).  Turned out the wireless was recognized but wasn't
automatically connecting to any networks.  We got him squared away and
even got a couple applications installed that he wanted to try out (on
top of the updates).

Oh.  And Karl made an orange turban.  And we took pictures.  Someone
needs to post those pics to the website.  ("This is what some people do
when no one shows up for Installfest...")

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

Safe C++ Design Principles (First Edition)
Learn how to write memory leak-free, secure,
stable, portable, and user-friendly software.

Learn more and view a sample chapter:
http://www.CubicleSoft.com/SafeCPPDesign/