[GLLUG] ubuntu autochanging of /etc/resolv.conf and 192.168.1.64

dpk dpk at egr.msu.edu
Tue Sep 12 12:01:49 EDT 2006

You can still use DHCP for your IP settings, but override DNS settings.
Look at /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf and the supercede statement.  From the
manpage:

      The supersede statement

        supersede [ option declaration ] ;

       If for some option the client should always  use  a
locally-configured
       value  or  values rather than whatever is supplied by the server,
these
       values can be defined in the supersede statement.

Werd,
dpk