[GLLUG] Job posting

Phil Darling phil at liquidweb.com
Tue Sep 12 13:08:27 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Sorry for the somewhat off-topic post but considering the subject matter
I didn't think there would be an issue.

Liquid Web Inc is currently hiring for our support department.  I've
included the posting below.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions.  Previous
applicants are welcome to re-submit their resumes.

Thank you,

**********************

Liquid Web Inc.

Job Posting for Customer Support Technician

Liquid Web Inc is a rapidly expanding web hosting company which
currently operates two Data Centers in the Lansing area.  We have
continued to make major expansions into the managed dedicated and
virtual private server markets.  While the majority of our operations
are Linux based we are continuing to expand in the Windows managed
hosting market. We are accepting applications for Customer Support
Technicians to work directly at our Lansing, MI Data Centers.

Job Duties:

* Provide professional and friendly support consistently via telephone
and electronic help desk
* Troubleshoot and solve a wide range of customer support issues from
basic to complex
* System monitoring and response
* Operating system and application installation/configuration
* Performing scheduled maintenance tasks

Skill Requirements:

* Solid working knowledge of RPM based Linux Distributions
* Solid working knowledge of Windows Server 2000/2003
* Experience with Apache, BIND, and IIS preferred
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Ability to work in a team based environment
* Ability to work flexible hours
* One year previous experience preferred
* Ability to work at our Lansing, MI Data Center required

Benefits:

* Great working environment
* Exposure to state-of-the-art technology
* Free hosting account
* Flexible scheduling
* Health/Dental coverage after 60 days
* Optional Employer contributing IRA
* No travel

Enthusiastic, team-oriented individuals interested in working in a
friendly and fast-paced environment, having the above qualifications,
are encouraged to submit their resume with cover letter to
"resumes at liquidweb.com" or by fax at 517-322-0493.

--
Liquid Web Inc
Phillip Darling