[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, September 28

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 13:19:23 EDT 2006

I didn't miss the point. who the hell thought a spreadsheet should be
named excel? an crappy database access? visio a flowcharting program?
outlook an email client? powerpoint slideshow? come on If I didn't
know thes off the top of my head I wouldn't have guessed by the name.
infact I would have guessed visio for slide show and outlook as a
horoscope or weather. your point has nothing to do with open source.
so samba is a weird name so is netbios and cifs which it was built to
handle. and network file system (nfs) is taken. it's used for *nix
systems. btw we can continue the list to stupidly named software.