[GLLUG] Re: linux-user Digest, Vol 41, Issue 26

Charles Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 15:23:01 EDT 2006

Check out the apropos command, Thomas.  It'll help you find commands and
utilities only knowing what you want them to do, without knowing their
names in advance.

I believe Samba's name was derived from the SMB protocol.  I guess it
could have been called the SMB connector or SMB masquerader, but Samba
is catchier, and was already a word.

                                Chick