[GLLUG] Alternate Install CD for Dapper Drake

Charles Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 17:14:43 EDT 2006

I acquired one of the Ubuntu Dapper Drake CDs so I could upgrade my
existing Breezy Badger installation.  However, now that Ubuntu ships
just one CD, this can't be done.  This requires the Alternate Install
CD, which is available for downloading.  I have only dial-up access, so
I don't care to download it myself.  Therefore, I ask a favor -- that
one kind soul download it for me.

I'll be at the first meeting in October, and I can bring a blank CD to
receive the .iso.  I can also bring extra CDs and/or jewel cases to
repay said kind soul for his or her trouble, or I can buy a drink at
Gone Wired, if that is preferred.  I can even offer one of those small
Tux pins I've been wearing to meetings.  I only need one person to do
this for me, so please don't go to the trouble of downloading it for me
unless I ask you specifically to do so in response to your offer of
help.  There might also be other GLLUG members in the same situation as
I (or who are using Ubuntu 6.06 and wish to upgrade to 6.06.1), so
here's one of many URLs where you can find the Alternate Install CD:

http://ftp.wayne.edu/linux_distributions/ubuntu/6.06/ubuntu-6.06.1-alternate-i386.iso

Thanks for reading this.

                                Chick