[GLLUG] registrar

Bruce Smith blubdog at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 19:06:55 EDT 2006

> anyone have a preferred registrar? (for domain names)

joker.com

If you plan on using your registrar's DNS hosting, check it out very
carefully before you decide on a registrar.  Some don't support all
DNS record types.

I have "google apps for your domain" and it requires all the DNS
records for full functionality (SRV/TXT/MX/CNAME/A/...).  I read the
lists for google-apps and I see a LOT of complains about certain cheap
registrars not supporting certain DNS record types.

Just something to keep in mind when registrar shopping.  (joker.com
supports all DNS record types, and is reasonably priced too - I've
used joker for years)

 - BS