[GLLUG] Re: Flashdrive Uses

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 18:45:41 EDT 2007

There are MP3 players that use regular USB flash drives as their storage
medium, rather than some built-in flash memory or hard drive.

With 1GB, you wouldn't have to limit yourself to distros that fit in
50MB.  I don't know the details of configuring one, but you could
probably put any live-CD distro on it.

You could use it to entertain yourself (play catch, paint designs on it,
try to balance it on end or on your nose) while you work in the
Penguicon computer lounge.

                                Chick