[GLLUG] Penguins, start your engines!

Michael Rudas (computer) MPR_Linux at Ameritech.net
Sun Apr 15 02:41:29 EDT 2007

I ran across this on the blog of helios.  It's an interesting idea,
perhaps worthy of our support?  Quoting from the site:

"Marketing Linux has always been a tricky proposition.  As a community,
we have relied on corporations who have a stake in the Linux operating
system to market Linux to the world at large.  Today, we have an
opportunity to change that, and make Linux marketing as much a community
effort as Linux development.  That effort begins with the Tux 500 project.

"Our goal is simple: we want to collect community donations to enter a
Linux sponsored car in the 2007 Indianapolis 500.  We need your help!
If less than 1% of the Linux community donates $1, this will happen...
will you do your part?"

http://www.tux500.com

This also might be something to mention at Penguicon, as well.

-- Mikey