[GLLUG] Software Updates

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Thu Apr 19 14:07:03 EDT 2007

Thought folks would be happy to hear that a new version of Thunderbird is
out today.  It's definitely prettier than 1.5, but too new for me to see
if there are other important differences.

I also found a most delightful extension today, Lightening:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/

It allows Thunderbird to send and receive the same vcalendar format that
Outlook users use.  It's a big boon at my office, where management insists
on using Outlook, principally for the ability to send vcalendar messages
to announce meetings.

Clay

--
Simple Content Management