[GLLUG] Thanks!

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Sat Apr 21 01:20:08 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'll be on a plane or boat or something by the time most of you read this, but
I just wanted to say thanks to those who helped make this year's Computer
Lounge another success. Although nearly every GLLUG member had a hand in
making this happen, there are a few whom I'd like to thank personally for
their efforts.

Marshal, for (among other things) being our ConCom liason, planning the room
layout and creating the AUP that everybody thought was both brilliant and
hilarious at the same time.

Chick, for again doing a great job of soliciting and scheduling volunteers to
staff the lounge whilst volunteering for large swaths of time himself.

Jeff, for his heroic and successful efforts in The Great Terminal Server
Battle of '07 and also for loaning much of the lounge hardware.

Clay, for putting together the Burn Unit and also being generally helpful.

Stan, for bringing the large array of miscellaneous networking stuff and for
the MythTV demo.

Jim, for loaning equipment to the lounge and hauling much of it down there for
us.

Roger, Lee, and Jeremy for loaning a bunch of terminals, equipment, and cables.

Reb, for donating and collecting donations for blank discs for the Burn Unit,
even though her time with us was too short to fit in another Penguicon.

Rick, for putting together the Linux gaming demo.

And finally, everyone else who showed up to help set up the lounge and offered
assistance in other ways. If there's anyone who spent a lot of time and effort
to help out that I forgot to name, I apologize. Consider it a compliment that
you did your job so well that I took it for granted. :)

We should have a GLLUG meeting soon about what we could do better or merely
differently next year. May 3rd would work best for me, but April 26 is fine
too if someone wants to take notes so I can enter them into the Penguicon
wiki.

Thanks again to everyone!

--
Charles Ulrich