[GLLUG] Computer lounge a success

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Sun Apr 22 22:36:11 EDT 2007

STeve Andre' wrote:
>    It sure seemed that the gluug lounge was a success, judging
> from comments I heard from random people in the halls. I
> thought things went pretty well--congratulations to the group
> for doing this.
>
>    My one comment was that the Burn Box didn't seem to have
> OpenBSD.  It had Free- and Net-BSD which was good, but Open-
> would be good to have as well.  I guess this means I'm
> volunteering to help with that. ;-)
>
> --STeve Andre'

The OpenBSD issue has come up before.  The most we can do without
stealing money from Theo is put the boot-only ISO on there.  He's made
it pretty clear that the ISO layout is proprietary, since that's what
puts bread on his table.

If you can get something in writing, or I can hear it from him directly,
then I'll put it on there from the CDs that I buy.  Otherwise I'm not
very cool with the idea of committing a copyright violation, especially
against someone who has generously donated a secure operating system to
the community.

Interestingly I was actually thinking that OpenBSD might be a good
choice for the operating system on those machines.  We'll be talking
about some changes to those machines in the next month to deal with the
increased popularity.

Clay

--
CeaMuS