[GLLUG] Penguicon

Benjamin Cathey benjamincathey at catheycompany.com
Mon Apr 23 10:31:55 EDT 2007

LOL - wow, it's like being in middle school all over again.

I didn't get a chance to go to the con because of a lack of money and time.  I'm starting to think it's a good thing I didn't go.  Was there bickering the whole time?  I thought the idea was to have fun and educate people and celebrate linux.  I realize, if someone says they were going to be somewhere then they should be there but pointing fingers, after the fact, doesn't really do any good and just incites more confrontation.  Yes, someone should be somewhere when they say they are going to, but also people need to be flexible to some degree as well.  I suppose, since I've never been able to attend a meeting, I don't get a say but it seems this group is awfully rigid and political in a way that the GRLUG never seemed to be.

Just my thoughts and I appreciate the amusing way this bickering goes - it makes me think of siblings pointing the finger.  Linux users unite, not squabble amongst yourselves ;]

Benjamin Cathey
System Administrator
Cathey Company
4917 Tranter St.