[GLLUG] more Penguicon thoughts

Marshal Newrock marshal at idealso.com
Mon Apr 23 17:03:49 EDT 2007

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:52:38 -0400
"Caleb Cushing" <xenoterracide at gmail.com> wrote:

> your right of course, I don't want to be in charge, because no one
> listens to me anyways and I don't seem to be good at finding us
> resources. so you are volunteering to be in charge of it then? and
> you haven't commented on the possibility of removing Mature rated
> games from the list, that way no one can
> complain.

I said "If we're going to show off computer gaming on Linux, I don't
see that we should have to police what's on it to make sure there's
nothing which might be inappropriate for an unsupervised child."  I
thought that indicated my objection to having to remove "Mature" rated
games.  People would complain, because it would fail to show that Linux
can run some of the popular games.

And no, I won't be in charge of computer gaming.  It's not something I
have enough experience in.  But I believe there's others with
experience and knowledge who can gather the necessary resources.

--
Marshal Newrock
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com