[GLLUG] more Penguicon thoughts

Jordan Robison jordan.robison at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 09:32:34 EDT 2007

I agree with Chick also on this, the kids were great I actually talked to
two of them all the time! The ONLY TIME I saw one of the kids cry was when
he missed the time to do the time warp and that had nothing to do with us!
The DJ found out that (Keven) was crying and played the song again.

I think we are focusing too much on the negative parts we really should be
talking about the good parts so for the people that did not make it will
feel jealous and go next year. We have to remember that this is GLLUG'S
mailing list and everyone is seeing this.I mean really we all know there was
not this much negatively going on. We are blowing this way out of the water.
For the people that did not go you really should be jealous and I hope that
this stops.

We need to talk about how GLLUG WON the junk pile wars and how funny it was
that we could of had it done in minutes but we needed support on CUPS. How
we went about fixing that and working as a team to win, And  then the joy
of  having the  team that was by us talking crap about us TAKE OUR PICTURE
because we won.

During the whole Penguicon all the member  of GLLUG  went around with
smiles.  We did a great job and we need to show everyone that.

On 4/24/07, Jim Fick <jfick at mphi.org> wrote:

> I had made the suggestion during one of the GLLUG meetings when we doing
> some Con planning, but got shot down.  The reason used was that would be
> too expensive.  I am interested in a GLLUG T-shirt and I do have a
> contact with a screen printer that we could get a discount with.
>
> Richard Houser said:
> > I think the identification problem was more lack of any visible
> > uniform/badges than having too many people around.  We had more techs
> > than we had tech penguin badges, and those are small enough you can't
> > always see them from a distance.  I'd be interested in a GLLUG
> T-shirt,
> > would anyone else?

Jordan Robison